As we return to school again, our priorities are to try, to the best of our ability, to keep everyone safe and to keep the school open. We must all work together and take responsibility for this.
Parents must give a mobile phone number to the school so that the school can contact you if your child needs to go home. Please save the school numbers to your phone 0667124029 0876386917
Do not send your child to school if he / she is sick. If someone in your house has symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your GP and restrict your movements while waiting for results of a test. If you and your child have been out of the country, you must keep them at home for 14 days and self-isolate before you can return to school.
- Before your child returns to school
- Mention the positives – fun of meeting friends again
- Practice regular handwashing
- Explain the importance of covering coughs and sneezes
- Plan for your route to school – Ideally park a short distance away from school and walk the rest of the way – this will help to avoid large crowds gathering and will promote social distancing at drop off and home times
- Before you leave home:
Last job before you leave home your child should wash their hands.
Ideally, children should bring their own hand-towel and own hand sanitiser.
- When you arrive at the school:
The school Gate will open at 8.30 am
Parents are requested to Drop and Go – children will enter the school yard by the new main gate and
go directly to their line and stay in their line – no ball playing etc
If you arrive late … children go to the yard to line up at their number and a staff member will bring them to their class.
Children in Junior Infants Classes are collected at the front of school near the Reception by teachers.
In light of the current Public Health Emergency, only staff and pupils are allowed entry to the school building and the yard.
- Children collected early or dropped off during the day (for example – after an appointment)
Children will only enter the school by the Reception when school gate is unavailable
- Parents at Drop Off and at Home time:
Parents are advised, where possible, to “Park & Stride” – park in St. Brendans/Dunnes Car Park; up Oakpark road or in ALDI / LIDL car parks and walk the short distance to the school – this will lessen pressure on the school gate at home time.
Please maintain social distancing, wear a mask and follow Public Health Guidelines when waiting at the gate.
- School Lunches / Sharing of equipment etc.
Children should bring all leftovers from their lunch home with them. No lunches are to be dropped off during the day – we will have to limit the amount of movement within the school.
Sharing of pens pencils crayons etc will not be allowed.
- Home Time
- Junior and Senior Infants go to yard and then through the front gate. Junior Infant and Senior Infant Classes will line up in front of reception at 1.30 pm.
- At 2.15 all classes (1st – 6th) assemble in yard
- 6th Class older brothers/sisters pick up siblings from lines and all leave via main entrance or via school garden ( parents should arrange to meet their child at the gate here)
- 6th Class children then leave the school
- Repeat for 5th Class, 4th Class, 3rd Class
- 1st & 2nd Class children that are left at this stage are then brought to front of school in front of reception to be collected.
For the 1st two weeks – School Tracksuit, Plain Navy Tracksuit bottoms and White Polo Shirt.
Children are not required to wear masks.
- If you need to visit the Secretary’s Office
- Make an appointment – ring 066 7124029
- Wear a mask – wash your hands beforehand
- Use hand sanitiser inside front door
- For contact tracing purposes you will be required to sign in
- Maintain social distancing
- If you have any questions / concerns, Ring office or contact via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Contact with teacher
Use your child’s teacher’s email where possible – the School Secretary will give you the teacher’s email if you don’t already have it
The children in their new class will be called a “Bubble”.
The class/Bubble will not mix with other classes. Each class/Bubble will have their own area of the yard to play in at break time.
Staff will only work with the same Bubble at all times.
Ventilation is key and windows in classrooms will be open to allow circulation and fresh air. Children will also be out in the fresh air more often.
- Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams has been used since September and particularly during the recent school closure as a way of communicating between the school and the children. The school will continue to make use of TEAMS for the rest of the year as this will once again be used if your child’s class has to go home at some stage.